Purpose of this policy
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Scene & Heard, a charity registered under number 1077836 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under number 3761808, having its registered office at Theatro Technis, 26 Crowndale Road, London NW1 1TT.
How do we collect information?
We will obtain personal information from you when you make a donation to us (one-off or regular), purchase goods, register for an account when purchasing goods, become a volunteer with us or sign up to our mailing list. We do not store your data if you book tickets to see one of our shows other than for the purposes of administering the box office for that production, unless either one of the above already applies or unless you expressly give us consent to do so.
What information do we collect?
You may provide us with information about you by filling in forms on this Website, or by corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or in person. The types of information collected includes name, company name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. When you place an order with our online shop, the stock and number of items purchased will be stored in the record of your order. When you pay for items ordered online, you will be redirected to PayPal’s payment page. No payment details entered at the PayPal checkout page are collected or stored by Scene & Heard. For full details on PayPal’s safety and security measures click here.
When you visit this Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
When we send you a marketing mailing we store a record of this, and in the case of emails, our mailing provider keeps a record of which ones you have opened and which links you have clicked on.
How do we use this information?
We will use personal information provided by you:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (such as bookings or purchases);
- to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested (including, where applicable, to process your payment and any changes, returns or refunds);
- for administration purposes;
- to improve the services we provide; and/or
- to further our charitable aims.
We may use any information about you that is automatically collected when you visit this Website:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
The data processing of certain individuals is considered to be in the legitimate interests of both Scene & Heard and the individual. This includes our beneficiaries (the children participating in Scene & Heard’s courses and activities and their families), our volunteers, trustees, patrons, funders, regular benefactors or donors who have signed up to our individual giving scheme, local government or other organisations with a vested interest in the welfare of Camden’s children. The Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO) advises that:
“It [Legitimate Interest] is likely to be most appropriate where you use people’s data in ways they would reasonably expect and which have a minimal privacy impact, or where there is a compelling justification for the processing.” [click for futher details on the ICO website]
In line with ICO guidelines, Scene & Heard has conducted a legitimate interest assessment for all of the above groups and has identified legitimate interests, demonstrated that data processing is necessary to achieve it and has balanced this against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms.
Scene & Heard may, in certain circumstances, process personal data by legitimate interests in a different manner to that governed by the subject’s explicit consent alone, but data processed in these ways will always put the interests, privacy, security and rights of the individual above all other considerations.
When may we share your information?
WE WILL NEVER PASS ON YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS, SUCH AS NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER(S) TO ANY THIRD PARTY, EXCEPT WHERE:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- disclosure is required to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or Online Selling Terms and Conditions; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scene & Heard, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- You have given us unambiguous and direct consent to make contact with another named individual or organisation.
Our mailing list
If you sign up to our mailing list, we will email you only in conjunction with Scene & Heard public events (e.g. performances), Scene & Heard news (e.g. Annual Newsletter) or fundraising campaigns specifically to raise funds for the benefit of Scene & Heard. You have the right to unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time, either by informing us in writing using email@example.com or by clicking the Unsubscribe link in an email.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a secure server for our entire Website, including the online shop. All information passing to and from www.sceneandheard.org and you is scrambled by 2048-bit encryption, which protects the data. You will also be redirected to a secure server when you make a donation via our Website using Virgin money giving and when you checkout to pay for goods at our online shop using PayPal. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Act (as of 25 May 2018), you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org