Scene & Heard is recruiting an enthusiastic, experienced and highly motivated Office & Finance Manager.
A unique mentoring project, Scene & Heard partners the inner-city children of Somers Town, London with volunteer theatre professionals through our structured programme of playwriting courses. Established in 1999, Scene & Heard is a highly successful, award-winning charity, with a proven track record.
The fundamental purpose of our work is to use the skills of theatre professionals and the power of creativity and imagination to mentor children, improving self-esteem, raising aspiration and expanding their sense of what is possible. The charity operates with a staff of 4, various freelance specialists and a volunteer base of 350+ arts professionals.
The Office & Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the charity, for administration and financial management. To be a successful candidate, you will have experience of working in a similar role, with relevant skills. You will enjoy prioritising a diverse, demanding workload, having the ability to work under pressure with a positive, friendly and problem-solving approach.
Working closely with the Artistic Director/Chief Executive, your financial acumen and strong administration skills will be absolutely key to the Scene & Heard team. Candidates should be:
- Experienced in financial management including preparing accurate financial reports, budgets and forecasts, managing all financial processes, including payroll
- Highly motivated, organised and efficient
- A genuine team player with an ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages
- Experienced in delivering day-to-day office management with outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible with regard to hours of work – some evening and weekend work is required
Scene & Heard is an equal opportunities employer. We are keen to recruit staff that reflect the diverse and multicultural community we serve.
To apply for the role of Scene & Heard Office & Finance Manager
Send a CV with covering letter stating:
- how you meet the requirements of the job description
- how you fit the person specification
- why you would like to work with Scene & Heard
Please send by email to Rosalind Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office & Finance Manager Application” as the subject.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 14th September 2020
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE